Oh my but this was easy, so easy. I literally tipped things into the slow cooker this morning and by 6 o’clock we had a delicious meal.
- 6 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle rub*
Tip the above into a slow cooker, stir to coat and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. When cooked shred the chicken with two forks. Serve on tortilla wraps with lettuce, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, sliced spring onion and grated cheese.
- 1 1/2 stemmed, seeded, chopped dried chipotle chiles
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
Grind the chipotle in a pestle and mortar. Then repeat with the peppercorn, coriander, cumin and fennel seeds. Mix together with the chiles, sugar, salt and mustard powder, stir well to thoroughly combine. Store in a jar.